The International Sweet Wine Challenge is one of the only wine shows in the world dedicated to sweet and semi-sweet wines from all over the globe; highlighting the quality and diversity of the best dessert wines available and promoting a greater understanding and awareness of these wine styles to wine trade and consumers.
The ISWC is open to any non-fortified sweet or semi-sweet wine that is commercially available in the country of origin, and holds a minimum stock of 50 case lots (12 x 750 ml or equivalent) at the time of entry. There is also a museum class for wines that are not commercially available.
Successful wines are awarded bronze, silver and gold medals, and 10 Trophies are available to the ultimate winners:
- Best Sweet – Moscato Styles
- Best Medium Sweet
- Best Young Sweet – Floral Styles
- Best Young Sweet – Semillon Predominant
- Best Young Sweet – Other Varieties and Blends
- Best Mature Sweet– Floral Styles
- Best Mature Sweet – Semillon Predominant
- Best Mature Sweet – Other Varieties and Blends
- Best Sweet White from the Museum Class
- International Sweet Wine of the Year
Riverina Winemakers Association Inc